BS7671 Explained

Sponsored Links
a simple google would have given them the facts. :LOL:

And of course if it is on the internet, it must be true?

Dangerous statement that. Imagine someone googling and finding that YouTube guy, forgotten who. You all know who I mean.

Sponsored Links
a simple google would have given them the facts. :LOL:

And of course if it is on the internet, it must be true?

Dangerous statement that. Imagine someone googling and finding that YouTube guy, forgotten who. You all know who I mean.

I seem to recall the guy's youtube channel being called HandyMan tips, although if I've remembered correctly then it would seem he's taken the videos down :(

EDIT: Seems that his web site is still going, and has had a makeover. Plenty of gems here!

I like this one:
Always use a RCD short for (RESIDUAL CURRENT DEVICE) when working outside-if you were to cut through the cable of a lawnmower or a trimmer for instance, the RCD would immediately cut off the power supply before is reaches your body and has the chance to give you an electric shock

Or this common sense approach to fault finding:
When the socket fuse blows in the main fuse box and even after switching everything back on it still blows the you need to isolate the problem by switching everything that is plugged in off, switching the fuse box back on then switching all the plugged in items on one by one -the one that blows or trips the fuse box is the problem appliance, remove and replace the appliance.

And it's good to see that he recommends the use of an overcurrent device built to a standard almost twenty years out of date (BS 3871) to replace fuses:
.If you can afford it -change your old fuse box if it still uses the wire and replace it with a modern one that has a button to reset the fuse box in case of it tripping

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He's a dangerous and ignorant fool.

It would be worth lots of people writing to the businesses advertising on his site, not in any inflammatory terms, but simply to ask them to find one of their experts in a particular field, and ask him or her to look at the website, and decide if they really want to be associated with it.

It's Google who decide what ads there are on his site: he would have no contact with the advertisers.

The more people who look at his site, the more ha gets paid by google. Kerching! Now who's the fool?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back