HELP! Problem setting alarm - need laymans terms please!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My partner recently installed an Accenta/Optima with a LCD keypad. It was working fine until I asked him to set it for when we go to bed. Not sure what happened but its all gone pete tong and we can't get it to set at all......all this Used, Timed, Inhibit is just jargon to me!!!!

We have the following zones: 1:front door (exit/entry),2: hall (where the keypad is) 3: lounge, 4 kitchen, 5 dining room & 6 back door. Please can someone tell me (simply....I'm not thick just not technical) what everything should be set to for leaving the house. I've tried all different ways, when its set and someone moves in say the lounge, nothing happens. I would've thought the alarm should sound immediately.

Then what would I need to do to set it for going upstairs at night (the stairs are in the hall where the keypad is). Does this need to be a different program or do you omit a zone on the same program set for leaving the house.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If the system worked when first installed it sounds like you have accidently altered the program settings.

The simplest way to sort this is to follow the engineers instructions for a factory default. As sent from factory the system will work as near as you want it to. Once this is done you can then change your user pass code. its a good idea to change engineer code as well but not the same number as user.

zone 1 is already entry, zone 2 is timed which means that when you come in throught the front door you can walk past the hall pir without it going into alarm. On part set when you go to bed this zone 2 will have to be omitted as when you come down in the morning it will set the alarm off. Apart from that leave it as factory set.

When you leave house enter code and leave the panel will set after its set time. When you go to bed use part set program which will then ignore the pir in hall but will alarm all others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back