Texecom Premier 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have just took over an industrial unit that has an ancient alarm system installed and I have decided to upgrade it and wondered if you guys could give me a few pointers..

I am thinking about the Texecom Premier 24 with the internal expander module, prox keypad and 2x Oddysey 3 metal sounders..

One of the main things I'm concerned about is that the fuse for the bell boxes is 900ma, according to the manual the sounder is 425ma + 110ma strobe + 15ma constant = 550ma x2 = 1100ma (which is 200ma over) how do I overcome this?

Dean.

Sponsored Links
how do I overcome this?

Put one of the sounders in SAB Mode and the other one in SCB mode. SCB mode draws the power from the internal battery only. It says how to do this properly in the manual of the sounder. But...

I think it is one of the jumper links on the PCB, near the battery enable jumper. Hope this helps.

Hi Josh,

Sorry I am aware of the SCB mode but thats like buying a V8 and removing 2 of the spark plugs, is there no way of using an external psu for one of the boxes to run them both at full volume?

Dean

Run one of the bells off the proper bell terminals, and te other wire the 12V supply to the aux power, and the bell and strobe triggers to 2 of the programmable outputs.

Sponsored Links
Hi Josh,

Sorry I am aware of the SCB mode but thats like buying a V8 and removing 2 of the spark plugs, is there no way of using an external psu for one of the boxes to run them both at full volume?

Dean
That's the correct way of doing what you want to do.

What makes you think the volume will be different?

Latest sounders have a reduced draw jumper on the PCB.
You could use them both in SAB mode and be under limit.
However you were given the best way of doing things SCB,is the accepted method of doing this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back