worktop joints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all.

I am looking to create a rather long worktop run using 38mm thick, 600mm deep laminate worktop.

Its going to be in excess of the maximum length this particular worktop comes in.

My question is, how would you guys suggest I join the two lengths?

A male/female scribed joint using a worktop jig and worktop bolts as you would do in the corners? or just butt the two straight edges together and use worktop bolts?

thanks in advance.

jim

Sponsored Links
you need to cut off any unfinished worktop[without laminate ]then use a router and worktop bolts or risk a drill and chisel

Thanks Al,

Should I just cut the two ends straight and butt them together? or use the jig to create male and female cutouts along the two edges to be joined?

I'll use a router to cut out the slits for the worktop bolts.

I would cut the ends straight then using a decent router machine a good edge on each, be carefull that you cut into the rolled face of the worktop in the right manor for each or else the cutter will break out the laminate. Once that has been done using a biscuit cutter cut out the slots to fit biscuits, then using a worktop jig cut out the fixing bolt slots, apply worktop adhesive to the joints, fit the biscuits and then join together with the bolts....job done

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back