Euro Meridian / Pyronix - Cant Disable Alarm , Only Silence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the above Alarm in a house I moved into Last weekend, I was given the code, and it was straight forward, there is only one zone to arm (A) With PIR in 8 rooms . I have been setting it and unsetting it for a number of days.

The other night I must have set it differently or something, as when it activated, keying in the code only silenced the alarm, until a PIR was triggered again, it would then sound the alarm again. It would not de-activate.

I had to power down the alarm, disconnect the battery and wait for the external bell to stop.

Connecting back up just repeats the above.

I have got a copy of what I think is the engineering manual for the panel (or very similar) , but I don't seem to be able to work out a way to reset it.

Any advise or a procedure would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried reseting the keypad, but it does not seem to make any difference.. The neighbours are starting to get annoyed :)

Sponsored Links
Code has been valid and allowed me to set and un-set (program A) the alarm

Its the only code I have.

Though now it seems to have set (B) ? and will only let me silence the alarm, not de-activate..

Not totally in the know about this Castle panel. Not used one for years.
Here is a user manual.
http://www.jpalarms.co.uk/Docs/EuroMeridianUserManual.pdf
A link nothing to do with myself.
I would suggest letting us know what is on the keypad during these issues.
From that It should be fairly easy to deduce the problems.
More information the better.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I don't get any error messages on the panel, it just asks me to enter code when the alarm has been triggered. , if triggered on the entry/exit it will not accept the code during the 20 secs given to de-activate. It only accepts the code when the full alarm starts sounding , and then entering the code only silences the alarm until the next trigger.

Fine it will not accept code on entry, so it is programmed for DD243. Will only accept code after dual ply timers after entry.

Sounds like you have a few problems, one being is this or was it on police response?

Have you a prox tag to unset with?
Also is the keypad asking for an anti code.

See the more info you give the closer we can get to an answer.

Hi,

Thanks again ,

No it is not on, or has ever been on police response,

There are no tags, and the keypad is not asking for an anti code.

I was able to enter the code on entry before the alarm signalled, or during the 20 second entry time, up until yesterday.

Looking at the loggs (I can do this even though the alarm wont disarm) it looks like it has set program B, and my manager code only has permission to de-activate program A ? does that make any sense ?

I an not sure what to advise now. personally if I was attending this site with what you say is in the logs a complete reboot and reprogramming would be the next step.
TBH if moving into a new property ( as many of us have done and may well do again), I would dump all previous programming and start again, the same as changing the locks to every external door. Who knows has the old codes and keys?
So to your issue (sorry I digressed), take the panel to factory settings and reprogramme it.
Then you should have a solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back