Texecom Premier 24 - Just moved in..... Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum and an alarm newbie!!

I moved into my house a few months back and it has a Texecom Premier 24 alarm system, apparently installed by the previous owner. He has left engineer codes and manuals etc.

Anyway, the house is being ripped apart for new kitchen and bathroom etc and the builder has just turned the power off. The outside sounder is going off and the control panel has shut down. I'm guessing the that the battery needs replacing and I have no clue where to start.

Ideally, I'd like a recommendation for a local security company to come in and give the system a service as I'm not particularly techie.

I'm in the Reading, Berks area, so if anyone knows a company I can call out, i would appreciate any info.

I could have a go myself at changing the battery as I'm reasonably good at DIY, just not techie stuff! Any pointers on what battery I should order and where from?

Many thanks for helping me out and hopefully prevent my builder from going insane!

Cheers
Onxtc

Sponsored Links
Definitely the battery as joe-90 says. Just make sure you fit a 12 Volt one!
Ideally you need to get into Engineer mode before you open up the panel, or you'll get a tamper alarm. Otherwise, just swap red and black leads across to new battery and jobs a good un!

Sponsored Links
hopefully its the battery, something similar hapened to me when i had a power cut, and i don't think the battery had been changed for years, worth a try

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back