Eurosec Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just taken the key panel of the wall to decorate. I have used the engineer code but two wires came out as I tried to put it back. I have reconected the wires correctly and everything has come back on except the key pad, this is blank and unresponsive.

Can anyone advise how I could find if the key panel has shorted out or whether it is the whole panel?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have PIR's? Do they still light up? You need to check the little glass fuses inside the panel. The keypad is usually powered by the AUX like the PIR's.

Yes, I have PIRs and they all seem to be sensing movement. Have checked fuses in the panel and all ok. Still no life from the keypad. Thanks.

Did you look at them or use a meter?
A common assumption you can see a blown fuse.

Did you also get the wires in the correct order?
Check the keypad outputs on the panel against the inputs on the keypad for the colours used.

Sponsored Links
No, have just visually checked fuses. Will check them with multimeter.

I have checked that outgoing wires are the same in ingoing wires but have not checked voltages. I will do this and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Kewl, be good to let us know how you get on.
Always nice to see a good end result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back