door entry system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a door entry system for two town houses I am currently developing, I have never needed one before so am totally in the dark.

As the houses are built upside down(living space on 1st floor) with a communal lobby I require each house to have two handsets each being able to open both their own entrance doors and the door to the communal lobby does such a thing exist and is there a relatively cheap option.
I could get away with the downstairs handset only opening the communal door but the upstairs one would need to open both.

Sponsored Links
Almost any half decent system will do this.
You would need two button handsets.
With a 2 door relay if needed.

Why go for cheap even relativilty cheap, its something they will use a lot and cheap = things breaking.
Comelit
SRS
Entryphone

These are all good

Cheers for that Alarm , cheap wouldn't normally be my way however money is getting a bit tight and I do consider it a bit of a luxury, considering the living room windows do overlook the front door and are only one flight of stairs and a few steps down. But I do get your point and will seriously have a look at your suggestions.
Once again many thanks for taking the time out to reply

Sponsored Links
Putting a system on the communal door would let visitors in out of the wet.

Most flats woudn't put systems on the individual house doors; they're not usually regarded as secure enough for the flat itself.

Would be cheaper and simpler too.

Most systems can have additional handsets in parallel if the houses want a handset upstairs and downstairs.

Nothing wring with a electric strike on a flat if your in.When out the deadlocks would be in place.

You`ll also find the 2nd handset would be in series :p

Thanks for showing me a picture from a supplier I know well.
You know any by name there?

Series = http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/165853

Definition ( brief) of series , if one item in the circuit fails then the rest will.
Think old xmas tree lights.

I love this old chestnut :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back