Replacing Advantage ZX6 Alarm Panel

stl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Advantage ZX6 panel with one PIR and two door contacts. It is approx 16yrs old and whilst is ok, I would like to update the panel to something more modern such as Honeywell Accenta GEN 4 panel as per their website. This is mainly so I can add additional PIR and contacts and have a PA option(s).

However, the big question is, can this be done easily using the same wiring and PIR's / Contact sand most importantly the same outdoor bell box (I don't have ladders!). Is this likely to be an issue if I do this and is the Honeywell range a good panel?, Ideally I would just like to change the panel using the same wiring and sensors.

Also, the existing panel is wired direct from the CU (0.5m of 1mm cable) via the fuse for the upper light circuit - is this ok or should it have a further 3A FCU installed?

Any advice greatfully received.

Sponsored Links
I would definately recommend having a 3A spur fitted.Check that all your existing hardware is working by doing a walk test , then a bell test.Temporarily remove the 12v + supply to the bellbox , this will tell you if it has its own built in battery.If it does then you will require ladders , or the bell will sound for the duration of your swap over.My advice would be to buy a full kit and replace the lot.

Also get the spur fitted to a non lighting circuit.
RCD/RCB buld pops, circuit goes dead, alarm complains.

As above buy a kit and change everything. I would not use old wiring unless it gave me steady approx reading for the cable runs. You would need a test meter on OHMS to do this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back