Creda Superslim Combi night storage heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had these installed in my flat about eight years ago. Every year they charge later and later. They start now at 4am and continue until about 9.30am. This means I am not using the off peak electricity properly.
How do you change the timing?
Many thanks
Treeman1

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply. I know absolutely zero about these heaters. how do I gain access to the timers?

Cheers

You should have a timeswitch or teleswitch next to your electricity meter and consumer units / fuseboxes.

Sponsored Links

here....

check the time on the switch against the actual time, if its out, get your supplier to check/change it.

seems it should be on between 00.30 and 07.30

THE TIME ON THE CONSUMER DIAL WHICH GOES ROUND SLOWLY DOES NOT CORRESPOND WITH THE ACTUAL TIME. THAT WAS A BRILLIANT IDEA OF YOURS. THANKS THANKS.

NOW, HERE'S THE NEXT PROBLEM. THE DIAL IS PROPERTY OF YEB BUT MY SUPPLIER IS DIFFERENT. WHO DO I GO TO TO CHANGE THE TIME?

THANK YOU AGAIN

YEB no longer exist, and havent existed for at least 15 years. This gives some idea of the last time it was looked at (if the sticked is intact!)

Contact the people who send your bill.

THANKS STEVE
I USE SCOTTISH POWER ON LINE. NO PRIZES FOR WHAT I'M GUESSING ... . IN THE EVENT OF THEM REFUSING TO FIX IT CAN I GET AN ELECTRICIAN TO DO IT?

An electrician cannot do it. The clock is sealed and it is a capital offence to break the seals.
Scottish Power take your money, they should fix it. Try the phone first, if no resolution then write a formal letter. I have heard that a letter gets better priority.

PS. Please turn off the Caps lock on your keyboard. Typing in capitals is considered as SHOUTING, and is rude according to Internet etiquette.

Hmm Internet etiquette. Apparently it exists and is called Netiquette. Read all about it here http://www.livinginternet.com/i/ia_nq.htm

I had no idea about the shouting by using capitals. It's just that I find it easier to read being an aged old thing. So, sorry for any annoyance caused.

I phoned Scottish Power and they have organized a repair in the near future. To my amazement they aren't going to charge.

Once again a big thank you for all your help.

Tim

I find it easier to read being an aged old thing.
Use your browser magnification setting.

Example - default 100% at the top, 400% at the bottom:

t247559.jpg

I phoned Scottish Power and they have organized a repair in the near future. To my amazement they aren't going to charge.
Not charge you?

Sounds like they should actually be refunding you....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back