Sky remote - volume control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please,

I am about to purchase an LCD flat screen.
We have Sky plus with an old CRT wide screen, which was set up a while back and the Sky volume control works fine.
If I a buy a new flat screen, how can get the volume control to work on the existing Sky remote?
Can I just plug the HDMI cable in or do I need codes.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

You need codes - Press Services and help i think - in there you can get instructions on how to re-program the remote- very simple really..

Press and hold Select and Red - wait for flash - enter number, press select..

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the replies.
The reason I ask, is I have Tesco cheapy upstairs on a seperate Sky package fron downstairs. Try as I might, even with a code, I cannot get the volume tuned to the Sky remote, although the remote works for all other functions. So I am a bit dubious about spending a lot on a downstairs TV.
I hope to spend about £500-£600, not sure what type though.
May just go to Curry's and pay them to set it up.

Thanks again

Hi,

A sky remote should tune into any major TV brand with ease. E.G. Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Hitachi, Sharp.

If you get one of these and have any issues, drop us a line and I'll talk you through it.

In my humble opinion, LG and Sony are untouchable but the rest are a close second and equally good value for money.

before you decide to spend money - have you tried one-for-all remotes? These are usually good - from past exp...

Many thanks everyone for taking time to reply.
I shall bite the bullet, and go to Curry's, they only to hapy to help (once they have your cash)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back