Legrand Video Entry System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has just moved into a new apartment and there's a video entry system fitted which is completely "dead" even though it's almost brand new.

Does anyone know where I can get some information regarding this Legrand video entry system ? At the moment I can't even figure out where (or if ) they've connected the power to it from.

Thanks . :confused:

Sponsored Links
Try looking at the comsumer unit, or for a spur that is switched off.
No use ringing tech if you cannot power it up is there?

Sponsored Links
Try looking at the comsumer unit, or for a spur that is switched off.
No use ringing tech if you cannot power it up is there?

Thanks for your reply - Everything on the consumer unit is powered up.
From having a look around the internet I would expect the system to be powered via a plug in transformer - but I can't find one anywhere.... The wiring in this apartment is a nightmare...... :cry: I have a bathroom extractor fan that doesn't work either, and as far as I can see it seems to be located somewhere inaccessible above the ceiling ( it's a ground floor apartment)..... :mad:

There must be something supplying the item.
As it is ground floor it is most probably powered from inside your apartment, unless there is a gated or another entrance door. Then there is the possibility it is externally powered.
Have any other apartments got the same problem?

You will not have it as a plugged in transformer supply unless someone has been an idiot.

As for the bathroom fan, look outside the bathroom door, by law there is an isolation switch usually placed there.

There must be something supplying the item.
As it is ground floor it is most probably powered from inside your apartment, unless there is a gated or another entrance door. Then there is the possibility it is externally powered.
Have any other apartments got the same problem?

You will not have it as a plugged in transformer supply unless someone has been an idiot.

As for the bathroom fan, look outside the bathroom door, by law there is an isolation switch usually placed there.

Thanks for your post Alarm.

As you say, it must be powered from somewhere inside the apartment. I will speak to more of the neighbours. I believe these systems have been problematic - one comment I heard was that the builders got a cheap batch of these Legrand units in from China....

Regarding the fan, there is an isolation switch outside above the bathroom door, but there is power downstream of the switch. I therefore suspect that the problem may be at the blower unit itself - and I can't see any way to get to that (unless it is an integral part of the flexible duct and there's enough duct available that it can be pulled down enough from the ceiling ) without removing plasterboard..... :cry:

Unscrew the fan and pull down there should be plenty of ducting and cable to allow inspection.

Note I said should !

Thanks. I'll get an electrician to have a look.

Hopefully it is part of the duct - I was concerned that it might be a seperate blower unit that the duct leads to, located somewhere above the ceiling and inaccessible without ripping down part of the ceiling....

There is a light in the middle of the duct and it does come on when the bathroom lights are switched on...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back