YALE 6400 PIR problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I am new on this board and am looking for some help. I bought the yale 6400 alarm system and installed myself. The problem I have is that the PIR sensors do not always work. When tested in walk test some times they work and sometimes they dont, its the same in alarm mode. Once I push the little test button on the front they always work on test after this. They are set to the alarm control panel ok.
Any ideas?????? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Yale, not the best wireless out there.

Anyway, all wireless sensors have an inbuilt delay in them so after being tripped they "go to sleep" sometines for 1 min some go up to 3 mins. this is to conserve battery life in the detector when the room is busy in the unset mode.
During a walk test you have walked past a detector put the system into test and then gone back and get nothing............thats how it works.
Wait a couple of mins and try again.
The only detector not to do this is the door contact(s) as they have to see the system to arm and disarm on the entry route.
This should all be in the instructions, but as I say its a high end domestic low professional end, we would not even grade it for standards.
Hope this helps.

Yale pirs sleep for 1 minute. They will sleep after a number of detections not just one and they 'reawake' after 1 minute.
Also make sure you haven't installed the sensor too high. Between 1.75 and 2.3 metres is optimum. In the corners of high ceilings will not work as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back