Alarm install advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new house which came prewired with 6 core cable for an alarm system. The wiring is as follows 1 wire goes to bell box location, 1 goes to remote keypad location, 1 goes to door entry location and 1 which goes into study another wire then goes from study into lounge then from lounge into dining room then into kitchen. Would it be best to use latching Pir’s or ID biscuits on this type of install. Looking to fit Texecom system but would appreciate any other recommendations and advice on installation.

Thanks in advance for your advice

Sponsored Links
4 detectors on one 6 core will not work if you want seperate zonal indicators.

So you could but it will not have seperate indicators.

ID would work as you only need two pairs or four cores, wire power in series and the detectors in series. Be cafreful on terminations with ID as it is a pain to fault find. You would be better off fitting a CastleCare panel as they were alway pretty good with ID, personally I hate it because of then multiple panel sites I used to maintain and the conditions of the devices they were in!

Or use a M550 panel and MIDNode from Cooper Security.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back