wiring door sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an accenta G3 alarm and the front door has a sensor that ding dongs when it opens. I had the door replaced and in the process the wires got pulled out. So I am trying to wire it back up again.

The sensor has two parts one that is wired and the other that must establish some of magnetic contact. It contains two silver connectors that seem like they are connected in some way and three brass screws/connectors. I have a green, white, blue and yellow wire where the wire is bare and so must have been connected.

I connected the white and green wires to the silver connectors and this seems to bring the door ding dong back, but cannot see what the purpose of the other two wires is, it looks like it's working to me. Will try out setting alarm in the morning too much activity in the house at the mo.

Any ideas much appreciated?

J

Sponsored Links
twist together blue/yellow, fit to any brass screw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back