Napco Gem-P1632 panel help please

All the tampers need to be closed when you test the bell by the panel.
Tape or any other means.
You look like the wiring is correct. But getting a supply to it and then testing with a hard negative should get the correct set up. Its hard to try and imagine but easier on site. So get tampers closed and power to the bell and feed the trigger directly. Then use bell test with it wired up. This willprove the panel and the bell.

Without the engineers code you will be stuffed for programming. I take it you have tried 456789?

All we can is is keep trying, its not going to beat us, never having used this panel before!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Do I need dealer mode to remove zones? For instance he had a pir in his barn but animals kept setting it off so he had it removed. Could this be done just by disconnecting the cables from the panel or would the panel have to be re programmed to clear that zone?

I am thinking of removing all the zone cables from the panel then adding 1 zone at a time. It is such a messy install and as I said the resistors are all in the panel with the cables twisted to them. Aren't they supposed to be in each detector and soldered?
It is a nightmare at the moment trying to follow each cable without resistors touching each other! I did put tape round them all today but it still looks awful. I got so fed up today I nearly told him to go and but another panel and start from scratch!

The wife and I are going there for dinner, only spotted that code today while re reading manual. Thanks for tip though.

By the way, had taped tamper switch today as was too much to keep undoing siren cover whilst being deafened. I don't know why it took me so long to think of it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back