Putting together first Alarm system. Any feedback?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting together an alarm system for our new house build and just wondered if anyone had any feedback on the list before I put in my order.

[code:1]Accenta Gen4 Alarm Panel - Metal Case - 8SP419A
Remote LCD Keypad for Accenta and Optima G4 Panels
12 volt 3.3 Ah Alarm Battery
Informer Speech Dialler - Not 999
Honeywell ActiveGuard External Sounder - Intellisense
Honeywell ActiveGuard - Dummy Bell Box
Viper Shock Sensor
Dual Technology Motion Sensor 12m
Flush Door Contact
Surface Door Contact - 68mm x 15mm x 13mm[/code:1]

All items are from TLC-Direct

House has already been wired with 4core cable which I was assured by the electrician is fine but I was going to with 8core but cant remember why.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Well ideally the keypads need a 6 core.
Unless your using the mini case, I would use a 7ah battery.
Speech dialler is fine.
Bell boxes are fine.
Vipers are good, watch out if your on a busy road with lorries, need to be set up correctly.
DT`s are good,again set up corrrectly, the microwave will pick up thru walls, glass.
Flush and surface contacts are okay.
Trouble is you will not be able to use any tampers on the panel as a 4 core is not sufficient.
Try a Cooper Menvier (M550) or Cooper Scantronic panel (9651). Or a Texecom premier.
All these will give you EOL capability, ie the zones will be monitored for alarm as well as tamper. All 8 zone panels, apart from the M550 which is 10.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. This is the panel I was looking at http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TSACG4M.html

I think I am bit now as the electrician has installed 4core cable. I dont really know anything about alarm systems but im guessing now that I have 4core cabling I wont be able to monitor the zones?

Not sure what EOL capability. As long as the house is covered and alarm goes off then I guess its ok. Dont really need to know which zone has been triggered but would like it done properly.

Will also change the batter to 7ah

Sponsored Links
You will know what zone is triggered, not what has been tampered with.
EOL would monitor the zones for this too.
If your not worried and its just yours carry on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back