kangoo van 1.9 dci very fast idling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
all was well until my timing belt snapped also taking out the cam (snapping it into 3 parts) we couldnt get hold of a topend from any scrappies as nobody would split so we bought a full engine and popped it in all works great eg starting and running etc but it idles at around 2500 to 3000rpm

any ideas? :confused:

timing is ok

also could anyone inform me of the location of the fast idle sensor (choke) or if it even has one?

cheers

Rich.

Sponsored Links
also as a trial and error we had all fault codes cleared and checked and this made no difference

I'd check all wiring and pipes on engine make sure all sensors are plugged in correctly, and any vacuum pipes etc fitted correctly.

If you have access again to a code reader see i've any codes have been logged again, could be something like maf sensor

cheers,
im going to give it a full ay tomorrow (weather permitting)

fingers crossed :)

Rich

Sponsored Links
checked all vacum pipes etc had a look round all wires and linked ecu to computer again and all was clear also changed the vacum pump over from my original engine and still no change.

time to scratch my head again :confused:

any ideas or suggestions welcome

it has a throttle cable that goes into a throttle position sensor and the pump is electrical, i am beginning to suspect the throttle pos sensor

you could try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so to reset the ecu and then reconnect. Start the van and go for a drive rather than letting it idle see if it will re learn the position sensor.

cheers ch427
i will try that, in fact id try anything, id even chop my left nut off to fix this van.

Sponsored Links