Fixing LCD / Plasma TV to drywalled / dot and dab wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just thought I'd post to help out anyone else considering fixing a TV mount to a drywalled /dot and dab wall.

During recent refurbishment work I decided to mount my LCD TV to a chimney breast which was due to be dotted an dabbed. After trawling the internet I eventually settled on using a fixing system called "Rigifix".

I've been incredibly impressed with the results, the fixing were simple to install, required one 12mm diameter hole 100mm deep for each of the 4 fixings I used. When the hole is drilled you insert a plastic sleeve, and screw in a metal liner using an allen/hex key, then simply attach your TV bracket to the threaded metal liner using the M6 bolts supplied. The results are neat, and impressively strong (apparently each bolt can support over 100Kg if fixed into solid brick).

A google search will reveal both the manufacturers website, and various retailers, although I actually bought mine from an eBay seller.

Hope this post proves helpfull to anyone else thinking about this sort of project!

Sponsored Links
Smells like spam to me, what do others make of it?

Is it likely that I joined the forum over 2 years ago to spam this now? Also, my ebay ID is the same as my forum ID here, so if anyone suspects, they can see that my story re: buying this on ebay checks out :)

EDIT: Just to confirm, I thought that some forum members might appreciate my insight after spending several hours researching my options for wall mounting a TV on this specific construction wall, - I wish I'd found a post like this before I started, - would have saved some time!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I thought I saw "posts 01" next to your post when I posted my reply. Either my eyes were deceiving me or there was a bug in the forum software.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back