YALE HSA6400 premium

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do not recommed this alarm! After eventually getting through to Yale customer services they could not explain why my siren kept going off in the middle of the night even though the alarm was set to off. This has happened on 3 consecutive nights now and I think my neighbours patience is wearing thin.
The control panel log test says " MOB.TIMER OU" is the source of the problem, Yale technical dept have never heard of this and there only explanation is the wind setting it off.

BE WARNED OF YALE`S AFTER SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM, ITS USELESS. The email option is no better as any mail is returned unable to deliver!
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT-DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT-DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

Sponsored Links
I would say its just a one off fault and ask yale to replace the box and siren.
Unless the siren cover is not on correctly and the wind is lifting the cover slightly an making the tamper switch triggar

I have the same alarm and its Fantastic. Works very well, reliable easy to use and install.

The back tamper on the siren looks to be a bit fiddly.
I would remove it and test it on a table, try and recreate the fault as if it was being rattled by the wind.

As for posting your opinion about yale if every alarm engineer did this when they encountered a unknown fault they would not be working for long.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT-DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT-DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
You've bought one, and had a problem with it.

I got one and it works fine.

Perhaps you're getting a bit hysterical.

Take it back to the shop if you like.

Sponsored Links
Hi , Its a shame I didn't see this earlier and save your stress levels.

I am surprised Yale could not answer this one for you as your alarm is simply working as normal whenever a paricular function is set.

What you have occuring is the mobility check setting off the alarm.

The mobility check is a setting that triggers the alarm if a pir does not sense any movement in a room over a predetermined time.

This can be set to 4 , 8 or 12 hrs with 4 being the default when the feature is engaged.

It can be used for example in the home of someone elderly or infirm as a means of checking they are still getting up and about during the day.

Obviously using this function you would normaly disable the sirens and just have the panel making a phone call out to a relative or carer.

You need to go into the advanced settings on the program menu and select mobility check
Then select mobility check off.

Your problems will then be over. If you look back you will probably find the alarm was triggering roughly 4hrs after you had set it and gone to bed.

mob.tim ou = mobility check timed out.

This feature is normally switched off as a default and I have only ever had one previous alarm I installed ever set off for this reason.
You may have accidentaly inadvertently set the feature as you were looking through the alarm menus.

(This is why people should engage people like me even though it is a DIY product).

the quesion is, after his earlier outburst, has he now read yaleguy3's advice, and the instruction book, and solved his problem?

The control panel log test says " MOB.TIMER OU" is the source of the problem, Yale technical dept have never heard of this and there only explanation is the wind setting it off.

Assuming it was the technical department and not a call taker reading the script on his or screen.

If the technical department cannot recognise an entry in the log of the equipment for which they are the "technical department" then all I can say is there is a serious lack of adequate communication between manufacturer's design team and the sales department's technical team.

What other errors and ommissions may have occurred in that apparently poor communication process ?

It's very hard to guess, with a person who posts once with a bitter complaint and is never seen again.

Let's hope he reads and acts on the advice given here, and says thankyou.

If Yale would pay me a retainer of 15k I would happily become their email help contact.
I would even set up a help forum and resources pages.
I would have to respond on evenings of course but certainly within 24hrs.

Hello Yale are you there? :D

It is a shame that the logs are not displayed in the manual though!!!!

Anyway full marks to YG3 on his explanation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back