Numpty bellbox wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Popping my intruder alarm cherry today...

Replacing a dead bellbox which has a rotting battery and rusty pcb inside, with a texecom odyssey 1.

There is 6 core cable exiting the control box, the odyssey has only 5 terminals...

The source of each core in the cable at control box is as follows:

-R (white)
-BELL (green)
+BELL (yellow & red)
-S (black)
-ST (blue)

The bellbox terminals are marked:

A (12V)
B (BELL)
C (TAMP)
D (0V)
S (STRB)

Can anyone advise me of what maps from control box to bellbox?

Sponsored Links
A (12V) yellow + red
B (BELL) black
C (TAMP) white
D (0V) green
S (STRB) blue

Would help if we knew what panel..but see how you get on.
Dont let any of the cables touch, you may pop a fuse.

Hi - thanks for responding with advice, the control unit is C&K 700, about 10 yrs old.

I've been up the ladder this morning and wired as suggested, but can't get the sounder or strobe to activate.

The internal sounder is working as expected, both when I select the 'bell test' option and when I deliberately trigger the alarm.

Something I noticed inside the old bellbox was that the green wire went to two terminals, A- and E-, it had been stripped in two places - do I need to cater for this? (I simply connected green to terminal D)

The bellbox jumpers are at their factory settings, batt off, LC off, SAB on.

The bellbox has its own set of diagnostic leds , and if you follow the installation instructions , then you should be able to see whether the bell has power (leds flashing alt ) , whether the tamper switch is closed ( left led flashing ) whether the bell has exited engineers test mode.Check the leds and post back.

Sponsored Links
LED's not flashing.

I installed the bellbox on Friday (without the yellow wire linked), and in the evening sure I saw the right handmost LED flash briefly. Maybe I was hallucinating!

Like when you thought you owned Chelsea? :LOL:

:LOL: u got it!

Ok, been up the ladder AGAIN...

Followed the installation manual exactly - opened control unit, so tamper circuit open - up to bellbox, swap jumper to switch battery ON - the left hand most LED is flashing....

Fixed bellbox cover in place, back to control box, closed it up, reset the system.

Outside the LHS LED is still flashing....

Activate the 'bell test' at control panel - no siren or strobe, LHS LED continues to flash.

Aaaarrrggghhh :mad:

You have no power going to the sounder. When you close the box it should close a tamper spring, try it by hand first to get both led`s flashing. If that does not work check the constant +ve and -ve supply to the sounder.

Thanks for the advice - it was an issue with power not being delivered to the bell box, as suggested.

I now have another problem with this bellbox....

When the master control unit is opened the bellbox sounds. When I key the PIN into the control panel and reset, the tamper light extinguishes, but the bellbox continues to sound.

Also noticed the strobe never activates.

The LED's on the bellbox constantly toggle back and forth, which is good.

Have I wired something incorrectly, or is this typical of the texecom odyssey bellbox?

At a guess.

You have somehow got the panel tamper and the bell power in series. Open panel, power drops to bell SAB takes over. You can put all the codes you want it it will not stop.
Strobe will activate in an ALARM condition, not a muppet taking off the panel lid.

This is typical of people not understanding things.

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back