Sky SD Replacement - Freesat Box recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Looking for some advice on what service is better and any recommendations on PVR box.

I Want to drop sky as I have had enough of paying Sky a load of money for services that I dont watch. My Existing configuration is a SD Sky box (No Sky+ or HD) running off one LNB feed.

Can anyone recommend a cheap freesat box that can record to USB mem stick / harddrive? Have looked that sagem/Humax boxes but have a limited budget.

I am right in saying that most of these cheaper 1 LNB feed boxes can record from two channels only if they are the same transponder? I understand that

As i understand it the freesat offering is classed as Free to View. Where as I have found some cheap boxes from various places that offer Free to Air services.

Dont mind moving to the FTA boxes if easily configured and can recieve the majority (and some more other channels) of the freesat channels on offer.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Theres a few good cheap ones on the market..

have a look here:

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?sort=pricelow&q=freeview&limit=10&page=1

They have a few that can record to HDD aswell as play from USB etc...

As for recording - you usually need 2 feeds to watch and record from 2 - one line records while the other can be watched from - you'll need to upgrade your LNB (ebay). Easy job to do..

Other choice is to use standard digital freeview via aerial.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back