From Sky to BT Vision

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So replaced my sky with Vision. I had my sky cabled around the house via the loft and a booster to the bedrooms etc. So signal came back out of sky up to loft and connected rooms up.
Now have the Vison box, and cannot see a way of connecting up the rooms...? am i being stupid here?

The way i see it, aerial signal comes in to the vison box then goes from RF out to TV... There is no RF out 2 unlike my Sky box... how do i now feed the other rooms?

Cheers

DD

Sponsored Links
Hi D,

The best bet is first of all to make sure that the BT box does in fact output an RF channel. By this I mean, make sure that you can connect it's 'RF out' connection to 'Aerial In' on a near by TV. In analogue mode, scan for channels, and make sure the box is sending a picture. I have a feeling that it may only have what is called 'RF loop through', in this case, it uses the signal that the aerial supplies, and passes it on to your TV set, but does not generate a signal onto the aerial cable. In this case you would need to buy an RF modulator to sit between the scart output of the box and the input to the aerial amp. Let me know if this is necessary, and I can suggest some options.

If the first test works OK (the box does give a signal through the aerial out connection), plug the wire that you used to have connected to RF out 2 of the Sky box into RF out on the BT box. Link the box to the main TV with scart or HDMI as available. Having done this, you may need to retune the other TVs, if the BT's RF output is on a different channel than the Sky box was.

After this, get a cold drink and watch some TV :D

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Colin

Edited to say, don't forget that your old Sky system can be left in place if wanted for the free channels.

This link suggests that the older BT vision boxes did have a RF modulator fitted but newer ones don't.

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/btvisionbox.html

This being the case, you may need something like this to get things working - no connection with the company, etc.

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/uhf-modulator.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back