BOULTER CAMRAY 3 BOILER RELUCTANT TO START UP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi you experts, I have a 15 year old camray 3 boiler with a new reillo 40 burner unit fitted recenty as the old one was knackered on too many counts. About one time in 3 the burner does not start up and run cleanly for its 12 secs to light up, but makes several noises as if the electrical power is not getting through to the motor when it first starts up. The same thing happened with the old burner (not why it was changed), so I am assuming it is not the fault of my new burner. IN all other respects the system runs fine lights up OK and runs very smoothly and quietly. Could it be that the control stat is getting old and is not switching over cleanly? I have a new one I got as a precaution a year ago when this problem started- is it time to fit this to cure the fault, is it a difficult job please, or might it be something else?

Sponsored Links
If you have a stat,it would be the obvious next step.
10 minute job. 4 self tappers and two spade terminals.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back