Whirlpool 6th sense washer - no power and door won't open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. We have a sixth sense whirlpool washing maching (model AWOE8759B) and it is only about 14 months old.

It recently flashed uo a F13 error and my partner turned it off. on looking in the manual it says we should hold the reset button for 13 seconds.

The snag is when we turn it back on no indicator lights come on and it is as though the machine is still off and the door is locked with the wet clothes inside.

I have unplugged and left for a while but no joy on plugging in. I have tried the fuse in another appliance and it works. I have taken the back panel and top panel off and can't see any obvious loose wires.

Looking on google, F13 means a dispenser circuit error but can't see anything to say what to check for in layman terms.

So I was hoping if anyone could tell me if this is something that can be a DIY fix or a call to an experienced repair man is needed? If the latter, is there anyway I can manually open the door as we have bad snow and can't see a repair man getting to us soon.

Thanks very much

John

Sponsored Links
F13 indicates a door lock issue....This article should help you to open the door manually http://www.ehow.com/how_5932239_unlock-whirlpool-washer.html But I find it easier taking off the lid & attacking it from above. A quirky function on this particular model is that if the door doesn't unlock after 240mins an F13 error is generated. After which if you turn the machine off then on again the led's have a tendency to go black for another 240mins, at the end of which F13 is displayed again....don't ask me why. Open the door lock manually then change it out, hopefully it'll solve your problem. But be aware...if the door lock has shorted out it may have taken your pcb with it. Don't forget to pull the plug before digging around in there! Here's hoping for the best with a new door switch! :D

Cheers for your comments. It was a door lock issue. Before seeing your post I stumbled on another site that sugessted that it might be the issue.

I removed the top of the washing machine and looked down the inside of the front panel on the right hand side. There is the latch and nothing obvious to pull. I turned the washing machine off and put my hand in and fiddled about and tried the door and it opened. I then plugged back in and the power came on and the indicator lights lit up.

Touch wood it keeps going now as will be a right pain to keep pulling out and doing that but at least our holiday washing an now be done :)

Sponsored Links
:LOL:
I had the same problem and now its sorted, thanks!
For those, like me, who didn't know how to take the top off-unscrew two screws at back of machine the slide the lid backwards (firm handling required!)

The advice given to get over the same problem we had with our relatively new Whirlpool 6the Sense washing machine was absolutely marvelous. Our machine completed a wash cycle then a red Service warning indicator appeared and nothing would get rid of it and the door would not open. We ran another program OK, but the warning appeared again after finishing and the door still would not open. Rang for a service engineer to come, who will contact us tomorrow, Monday, but the saw the advice about giving the door a 'thump'. We did this once and the door opened! Hopefully the machine will work as normal now, as did the ones belonging to the other subscribers.

Just got my solution off another site by a genius called Tony! Couldn't see him on this site so thought I'd share;
Just bang the door with heel of your hand, just hard enough to jolt the electrics! Worked a treat.
Please note: didn't have E13 error, the door would not open because the wash had started and there was water in there. I'd overfilled with a quilt and was making a racket and I decided against.
Hope this helps somone

Just got my solution off another site by a genius called Tony! Couldn't see him on this site so thought I'd share;
Just bang the door with heel of your hand, just hard enough to jolt the electrics! Worked a treat.
Please note: didn't have E13 error, the door would not open because the wash had started and there was water in there. I'd overfilled with a quilt and was making a racket and I decided against.
Hope this helps somone
This is only a temporary emergency repair, the fault will return unless the assy is replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back