Urgent Yes or No Question... (Plese Help!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I am going to drain my heating system (a combi) this morning so I can remove all of my radiators in preparation for the plasterers. I have already removed a couple of the radiators upstairs - and so have obviously closed the valves that were connecting these radiators in order to do this.

Because I have closed these valves, does that mean that I will be unable to completely drain the system?

I guess this is a simple question, but I would really be grateful for any help as I am going to have to attempt this this morning.

Many thanks, Chris.

Sponsored Links
Water in the pipes won't matter! If you want you can open one of those rad valves to let air in to drain the rest.
Remember that if you have thermostatic valves and they get cold, they may open by themselves, depending on type.
And turn the boiler off - no hot water. If you don't want to lose HW you'll have to leave pipes and a rad full.

Depending on the boiler model if you isolate a combi boiler then many will continue to give hot water.

For decoration if the rad valves dont leak you onloy need to turn them off and can leave pressurised water in the system and boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back