TV no signal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I'm in trouble again :(
I bought a new CCTV security camera to install over the front door. To give it a trial I balanced it on the bedroom window ledge and ran the cable to the wife's 19inch Medion TV in the bedroom.
The secuity camera worked fine, crystal clear picture for a couple of seconds then reverts back to a TV station but activates security again if it detects movment.
Satisfied, I dismantled the camera and put it back in its box until the weather breaks.

THe problem: I can't get the TV to find a program, although it was working fine before my experiment.
I get a blue screen with DVB - T terrestial television screen. and if I press the TV button on the remote, I get various modes of transmission each saying no signal, e.g. HDM1 - No signal>TV - No signal, etc.
I connected it up to the SKY box using the scart connection and I got a picture as good as any. So it works with a scart lead.

Have I wrecked my wife's TV?

Sponsored Links
Have you plugged the aerial lead back into the TV ?? Hmmmmmm ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yes, done that John. I tried it in my grandson's room where he also has a similar TV and his is working fine, but the wife's doesn't when connected to his aerial.

Did you have to "scan for channels" when setting up the camera?

If so, plug the aerial back in and scan again, and normal service should be resumed :D

Sponsored Links
That's the problem Colin, I can't scan.
When I press the DVB button on the remote nothing happens, it won't search.

Update:
Tried an auto search in TV mode (if that's the right term) and it finds several 'snowy' stations, but won't settle. After the scan it reverts back to the floating box with the words; No Signal
I tried it on my neighbour's who has digital aerial setup and it found the same snowy stations but wouldn't fix on any.

Thinking of getting another and I'll use the monitor for the cctv security

Trials are pricey these days. :(

if it has a power supply it will need to be turned on for the tv to tune in iff it operates via the arial cable

Seems odd. Do your other TVs in the house receive analogue, digital, or both from the aerial - ignoring any Sky or cable boxes?

The way you describe snowy channels makes me think it may be picking up analogue signals from the wrong transmitter. I suspect it may be worth going through the menus for the "first time setup" option, that should scan using both the analogue and digital tuners.

Good luck!

does the aerial go via another bit of equipment ie vhs recorder or dvd recorder or sky box which may have been disconnected from the mains before your experiment. If this is so try plugging your aerial cable direct into your wifes tv and scan for channels again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back