What alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I am just in the process of buying my house
I am thinking of putting in an alarm but I don't jnow what one to put in

I am thinking maybe two zone so I can have up and down stairs so i can arm the downstairs at night
I will also put in cameras around the house on the network so i can view downstairs if the alarm sounds in the night.

What alarm do you all recommend I looked at the company ADT and all of there solutions but found many reviews about bad service.

Also something with Ethernet for viewing zones etc would be nice but not a deciding factor.

Any help would be great

Sponsored Links
ok, keep away from ADT, once they have you tied in a contract. GOOD LUCK. you may have a good engineer located to your area, or you could have a real crap one that will not give a Sh*T

System that are good are Galaxy, Scantronic, Menvier Texecom systems

If you go for a Scantronic 9651 8 zone p[anel, that will also let you have 4 different types of settings. such as upstairs, downstairs, garage, full house.

you can pick and choose the selection of zone you want to cover.

With regards to CCTV, any DVR that has a CAT5 connection to it and has software, will work perfectly fine on your network.

OR you can have a DVR that isnt networked, but run a cable from the monitor out to your TV arieal system, fit a modulator there which conects to your arieal system, then you can tune into your cctv via your normal tv channel.

Do you want police responce?
Do you value your posessions?

Getting 3 quotes from local approved companies is a good start.

Look up SSAIB/NACOSS.

Sponsored Links
Do you want police responce?
Do you value your posessions?

Getting 3 quotes from local approved companies is a good start.

Look up SSAIB/NACOSS.
Maybe not a police response but a call or text so I know so I can look at my CCTV would be good idea

And yes I value my possessions very much

SMS systems may have a lag and are not reliable.
If you want to go dIY fit a speech dialler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back