scantronic 9450 install

Sponsored Links
i wanted a cheap alarm to deter burguars!! if i need to change the internal panel speaker because someone has put the wrong one in then fair enough. do you know where i could purhase one? i wondered if i would be able to add another speaker and run it inside the house. can 2 small speakers be connected to the speaker output ?

Fit cheap, get cheap.
You seriously believe this will be adequate protection?

Sponsored Links
Alarm
you are as well as me a proffesional alarm installer with ooodles of time on site.

but as you and i (and others) know there are some people who will fit older equipment `just to get by`
the scanny is an old (very old)panel but as long as it works who are we to question why the OP wont buy a new shiny one.

me personally would have fitted a nice new Dimension with a touch screen RF portal with a couple of hard wired circuits and a few PIRs and maybe a new radio dualtech,
but thats me.

the 9450 in its time was an alright panel, not as good as an older 9600 or 9610 but still functional.

so if he want to fit it, as long as it works who really cares, i went to a system yesterday in central london that i have not seen since my apprentiship a MONIVE 2 ! now that was an old panel! still working ish but we upgraded it to a G3 48 C all happy now. so i would leave the OP to his little panel and hope that it works and does what he needs it to do.

gets off of soapbox and goes to find another coffee

OmG, "Radiovisor", "Monive", not even thought of those for years & years, think I've still got paperwork tucked away somewhere. :)

its funny the thing still worked!!!
even the indicators on the panel were working!!
but its now in the scrap bin awaiting collection from my WEEE company

can you email the pbf of the instructions, it would be nioce to see how they were laid out on paper?

i have some real old stuff out there, inherited when i bought an older alarm company about a year ago, will post photos as and when i find them, still have not had time to go thru all the clients on the list, personally, but a couple of my guys have brought back some real older stuff
like winton jaybee!!
boy that stuff is odd!

can you email the pbf of the instructions, it would be nioce to see how they were laid out on paper?
Who are you kidding, .pdf, not even thought about all those years ago.

Looking at my file list it seems that what I have is some sort of Technical Information, there might be more associated with that, I'm pretty sure I know where the file is kept in the archives, I'll have a look.

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner.

Old stuff indeed oasis.
Have a RS50 out there still working and a few Bentlys.

All I was doiing was trying to advise the OP cheap old isnt worth the risk.
As a basic system I suppose so. In this day and age a few quid more gives you a hell of a lot more, as you know.

my lord an RS50!!!!
i also have a few Bentley panels out there, not for long tho the client who owns the 4 sites wants them up graded in the new year, (sorry the insurance company want them upgraded).

but there is so many odd bits of kit out there, we will never get them all.

i do have, in the office cellar a Logic 4 Autoreset panel!
still works and with all three original keys!

but then again i do sometimes horde so real old junk!
good for training new guys as to what they might find out there,

it just surprises me how much the new engineers dont know, age showing again i think!

things like end of line batteries, 1.5v dry cells, add another one just to get the right voltage up!
of window foil.!
and tape diallers!
scary really but it was the norm back then,
i hjave a couple of old `shoebox` pirs as well, (Modern / Lander alarms stuff).

its a good learning curve tho, now with the likes of what we fit now were you can check everything from the panel withouit having to put your test meter on every cable, and inteligent battery testers, oh i love mine, but i still have my discharge testrer complete with 3 lamps on it.

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back