Hiding additional sirens in the house for yale 6400

I have all that stuff, my insurance doesnt require an alarm
how much stolen property is ever found
Police don't really care about domestic burglary as long as no one gets hurt

All an alarm can really do is deter to a point, and maybe make a noise that hurries up the burglar

Any alarm can do that

Sponsored Links
alarm i know were you live PMSL!!!!

no mate you are right about the insurance side of things;

but what some people do not seem to realise is that we are governed, to a certain extent, as what we fit by the insurance companies and the ACPO.

they tell us what grade they want and what they want us to fit, even tho most of the insurance companies people really do not know what it is we fit.

like redcare, every insurance company wants redcare, personally always fit dualcom, its more reliable and a better product and far out shines redcare (or redcare gsm)

we do not just charge a maintenance for the fun of it either, we have to by regulations by our inspecorate EN and BS (as required)and the insurance companies.

if the OP does not have to have an alarm, then by all means fit what you want,
but if you get an intrusion and the insurance assessor come around and sees that you have a system, even if it is a DIY one, they will ask whether it was armed or not, even if the system was not used they can and sometimes do refuse to pay as you have not shown due diligence on your part.
you have to remember that insurance companies do not like paying out, and if they can find a loophole they will!

so if you feel like you want to fit an alarm , even a diy one, let them know, if you have a system fitted by a local company, it wont cost the earth and a maintenance agreement can cost under £150.00 a year (dependant on the cover you have),
it might not save you much on you insurance but it is peace of mind,

and someone to winge at if it developes a fault

we the alarm company owners are not here to rip off clients, as that is not a good idea, as you rip off one he tells his friends, family, you don't get another installation.

but if, as we do, look after your clients this generates more work and more clients,
we even offer incentives to ALL our clients, as if they reccomend us to another client and we succeed in fitting another system off of that we will add another couple of months free maintenance cover to there site.

we are all in business, but we are not in business to rip off clients.

so its down to the individual, to choose which way they want to go,
DIY or company fitted with back up and service,

that i think is going to be my last post on this as there is nothing more to say, i am sorry that you are un happy with the advice you have been given,
we are here to give advice but if you want to take it as a personal insult, that is down to you.

oasis

please feel free to look up EN50131/DD242/DD243/DD244.BS7671 And a whole lot of others that we have to work to.

Oasis thanks for a well thought out and SENSIBLE response

Actually though this thread was about whether or not a yale alarm could trigger more sounders

Not quite sure why it triggered alarms PMT but there you go

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back