Gainsborough 8.5 SCL is not producing hot water just cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

yesterday my boiler wouldnt work, so not hot water etc plus my electric shower wouldnt produce hot water.
I checked the boiler and found the pressure was below 1 bar. I have fixed that problem, boiler working fine now.

BUT my Gainsborough 8.5 SCL is not producing hot water just cold. I dont want to replace at and I dont really want to call anyone in if it easy easily fixed.

Can anyone tell me how to reset the pressure switch ?
I know it may be the heating element but with the pressure below 1 bar this seems to be the problem.

Please help...

Sponsored Links
Your boiler would lock out at low pressure,BUT this should not affect your shower as that would be on normal mains pressure. With the power off remove the cover and check that no wires have burned out(this used to be a problem with some models) if you have access to a meter then you can check the heating elements for open circuit. If this produces no success then i'm afraid it looks like a new shower.

Your boiler would lock out at low pressure,BUT this should not affect your shower as that would be on normal mains pressure. With the power off remove the cover and check that no wires have burned out(this used to be a problem with some models) if you have access to a meter then you can check the heating elements for open circuit. If this produces no success then i'm afraid it looks like a new shower.

Thanks.
According to the Gainsborough website if the water pressure drops below 1 bar, which is did then :

Is there sufficient water pressure? The minimum working pressure required is approximately 1 bar at 8 litres per minute. If you have enough pressure the small white plunger between the black heater unit and the electrical connectors will drop down.

Not sure about the above what to do. But I dont think I need a new boiler as the boiler and shower happened at the same time - when the pressure dropped below 1 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back