Choosing the right product - Texecom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After several hours of reading trough these forums I have finally arrived to some conclusions. I am no expert in the subject but I was initially comparing honeywell G2 and Texecom Premier but due to price and installation, I seem to be more in favour of the Premier. This is a new house which is prewired with 6-core from the control panel location to the PIR and key pads. If necessary I can change the wiring but ideally, I stick to the 6-core. I am based in Malta so some UK sevices/options are not available.

I am thinking of getting the following:

• Control Panel - Premier 48 (could also get the 24 but price is not that different)
  • LCD KeyPads - DBA-0001 x 3
  • PIR Dual Tech - AFB-0001 x 6 (Anti Masking Dual Technology Detector Grade 3)
  • Internal Siren - SB2 KSB2A (Kinetic SB2 KSB2A Quadruple Piezo Sound Bomb Internal Sounder)
  • External box - FCC-0843 Odyssey 3E
  • External Dummy - Odyssey 3E
  • Telephone Connectivity - CEC-0001 - Com2400
  • Smoke Detector - AGB-0001 x 2
  • USB Connector - USB-COM
A few questions (any answers would be appreciated):
  1. First of all, do you think this is a good setup for a house installation or am I missing something?
  2. Apart from the battery which I will probably buy from Malta, do I need to buy anything else to cover all the solution and finish the installation?
  3. Is the 6-core prewiring suitable to connect these items as EOL? I have read that this is the best way of connecting to the CP so would prefer to choose this option.
  4. Would you recommend some other products or brands instead of the items indicated above?
  5. Am I correct in assuming that with the Com2400, I can connect the alarm to the telephone line and the system will phone me when there this is triggered. Am I better off with a Speech Dialer? In any case Texecom Premier does not seem to have that option.
  6. Do I need to buy any power supply for the units or do they come standard with the control panel? Will all the PIRs, Keypads and smoke detectors, sirens etc get power from the control panel?
  7. Is the Wintex Software something I need to buy?
  8. Any other comments, recommendations or tips before I purchase are welcome?
I know it's a long post but any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back