hotpoint washer wt721 ultima. f-08 fault , please help !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
today the machine did not empty properly then we got it emptied, before there was a fault code h20 coming up, then we opened door and clothes were still water logged so we tried to run a spin at 1200, the spin cycle did not start only the fault f-08 showed up in lcd window. its near xmas and we needd to get all our childrens clothes washed and sorted,can anyone please give us some advice. i have went in again just now, tried to run a spin but machine seems to start to run a spin then after about 10 seconds f-08 comes up on lcd. then i try to turn washing machine off at start /stop switch but it doesnt, i try to turn machine off at on /off switch but it doesnt, it will only turn off at the wall ?

advice needed badly please , if someone could leave even a phone number we could call for advice if nessessary.

thankyou all in advance

Sponsored Links
First all all unplug it for 2 mins to clear error code. That error relates to heater or pcb fault. Check the wires on the heater then pcb make sure they are tight. Give the relays a tap on the pcb it could be stuck.

First all all unplug it for 2 mins to clear error code. That error relates to heater or pcb fault. Check the wires on the heater then pcb make sure they are tight. Give the relays a tap on the pcb it could be stuck.

thankyou very much rocks but what is pcb ? also "give the relays a tap"? can you be more specific thanks

Pcb is module / circuit board etc. Found at the back in the corner with a White cover over it. Remove rear cover to see. Relays are on the pcb.

Sponsored Links

thankyou very much rocks but what is pcb ? also "give the relays a tap"? can you be more specific thanks

i have now tried to run a rinse/spin for 30 minutes it seems to be going ok but that was only 3 minutes ago so i am keeping an eye on things meanwhile. though when i put it on a 1200 fast spin it will start up then stop in about 10 seconds showing the f-08 fault.

if i get engineer out how much could this cost ? average ? i know all too well there are lots of cowboys out there who will let on it needs a whole new panel board or something, i just wouldnt be able to tell if we are getting ripped off or not.

thanks

i have now tried to run a rinse/spin for 30 minutes it seems to be going ok but that was only 3 minutes ago so i am keeping an eye on things meanwhile. though when i put it on a 1200 fast spin it will start up then stop in about 10 seconds showing the f-08 fault.

if i get engineer out how much could this cost ? average ? i know all too well there are lots of cowboys out there who will let on it needs a whole new panel board or something, i just wouldnt be able to tell if we are getting ripped off or not.

slow spin ran for about 3 minutes then went onto f-08......seems the board/panel is loose, on and off switch dont work unless i put my hand on the back of the panel to hold it, even so the f-08 switch is flashing on and off now. ive gave up , i just havent a clue sorry.
thanks

Call hotpoint total cost 100.00 parts and labour all in. Pcb is 80 quid on it's own. Plus a independent will cost you more, top pcb is also 60.00 ..

Call hotpoint total cost 100.00 parts and labour all in. Pcb is 80 quid on it's own. Plus a independent will cost you more, top pcb is also 60.00 ..

so there are 2 pcb,s ? one at top £60 new, and one at back £100 for pcb plus labour costs ?

thanks

If you call hotpoint the whole lot parts and labour will cost no more than a ton.

My wife has had this prob also yesterday 23rd and she also tried to do a rinse spin cycle. It was the first time she used this function so I wonder could it contain the fault. Anyway I switched off at wall socket cleared clothes from m/c - you need to wait until door release activates - 30 secs and the I set a short wash with m/c empty hoping to clear fault which seems to be related to heater. This seems to have worked so we are now doing a fast wash - 30mins instead of the rinse/spin. Try this ok

Hi, I am having the same problem with my Hotpoint washing machine. Can I ask how your story ended? Did an engineer come out to fix it? Or did the previous suggestions work i.e. tapping the relay etc. And if you got engineer how much did it cost to fix? Thanks.

Machine: Hotpoint Ultima WT960
Fault: F08

Had this problem on a couple of occasions and it had nothing to do with heater
failure. The fault is caused by a signal received from a pressure switch connected
to the waste pump. Probable reasons for fault are blocked waste pipe or pump.
It is an simple procedure to check and correct taking about 30 minutes.
Please ensure you remove the main power lead from the socket before carrying out the checks.
Remove the plastic cover at the rear of the machine this gives access to the pump and waste pipe. Remove the waste pipe from the pump some water will spill from the pipe so have a towel ready. Check and remove any blockages in the waste pipe this pipe must be clear before refitting. Check the pump outlet and ensure it is clear of any blockage, be careful in front of the pump outlet is a rubber cover this is normal it is a none return flap. Gently lift the flap toward you and you can then check the pump outlet behind is clear. Try gently squeezing the inlet pipe to the pump this will lift the flap and some water will probably come out. Replace waste pipe and ensure rubber flap in place.

Remove the top cover from the machine you will find the pressure switch at the side it as a 6mm clear pipe attached to it that is connected to the pump pipe below. You can remove the switch from the retaining clip then remove the clear pipe. Holding the pressure switch gently blow into it you should hear the switch click on and off. If you dont you may have a faulty switch. Take the clear plastic pipe and blow down it to make sure its clear. If ok Refit pipe on switch and and clip back in place.
Replace all covers before connecting power lead and testing.

hope that helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back