PIR or door/window contact in Bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the potential access points in my house is a bathroom window which is located above a small lean to roof which an intruder could easily scale.

I have put on additional window locks and the front side entrance which leads to the side of the house where the window is located has a 7ft spiked gate and a wooden door with trellis on it so they would have to really want to come that way. The back garden wall is quite secure high bushes and a solid door but a potential crook could always jump over a few houses down and come over the gardens

SO MY QUESTION!

can you use a PIR or window sensor in the Bathroom?

Obviously as a bathroom it is subject to high moisture at times is this a problem?

I alos plan to put anti climb paint on the roof and window ledge

Sponsored Links
Deffo not a PIR.
Have seen shocks on them but again will get wet/moisture ingress. Could fit at top and increase the gross impact range slightly.
Contact will only trigger if window is opened not broken.

Think even LV is a no no now with PART P in restricted areas!
Depends how close the window is to the bath/shower, look up bathroom zones under PART P ( only mentioning it because it could need to be considered, not waffling :p)

Contact on bathroom door perhaps. With a PIR on landing as well. Just make sure the door latches securely.

Your locks and anticlimb is of course a good idea.

was thinking about a door sensor on the outside of the bathroom door it does shut securely.

would just have to remember to shut it every time we go out which might be a pain.

The annoying thing is apart from 2 huge tellies, we dont really have anything worth nicking, just dont want someone trying to get in

pe

Disagree with that.
Have a look around, photos. Jewelery. Camera-s. Mobile-s.
I took stock of what I have recently and had to increase the insurance. Things grow around you that you may not notice but it all costs.

Sponsored Links
I have a pricey mobile but its always with me, my wifes cost £30!
only costume jewellery really no diamonds, no expensive watches.
Basic £100 digital camera.

I have a half decent computer but no great shakes

Our money is in the house which is detached in a nice area so a burglar might think we had lots of stuff but we havent...........loads of kids toys though

Always something there worth something!

Some stuff you could never replace as well I bet.

Photos are backed up, and really who would want them
Some sentimental stuff but nothing of value apart from my
£5k 60 inch kuro tv can't see a burglar carrying though need a few and a van

I`m not trying to score brownie points here.
But tis a known fact when your unlucky enough to suffer a break in you do not miss items for months.
Thats the heart breakers.

I am trying to max out the security, I just don't want anyone to even bother trying esp with wife and nipper

Agreed being a father of two.

Get the physical done as much as possible. Then the electronic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back