Hotpoint WD420 - Flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hotpoint WD420 goes through washing fine but when it comes to drying it, 3 lights will flast.

The power flashes quickly, the other 2 flash slower. (machines off so cant see whats flashing)

The washing is soaked with hot water.

I've had the filter out of the back and it was bad, but the problems still happening.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
need to know wot other 2 lights are flashing , it is a error code :LOL:

will find out and post. think its "drying high heat" and "rinse hold"

let us know is it 1 and 2 2 and 4 1 and 3 etc

Sponsored Links
that fault code is f 10 check filter for any blockage also blow down presure tube .after that check that module conection are pushed on and are not loose

thanks.

I am playing with it tonight, i've seen else where about the connections.

Will update if i fix!

Had a play with it, and made sure all the connectors were ok.

Its doing the same thing as before, but the lights are different to what i thought.

The lights flashing are...

Reduce creases and Time saver (2 & 4)

What do these mean?

Thanks.

2 and 4 mean fo5 check filter assy time out draining access is at the back down the bottom.remove white cover .also check if drain hose is connected to sink spigot not blocked

Thanks.

Filter has been out already. and cleaned.

i suppose the pipe could be blocked. will see if i can take a look.

Right, so the dryer doesnt seem to work still. although we've not used it for a week.

But not clothes are smelling when they come out. Any ideas?

Any help?

clothes still smelling a bit.

on the upside, my girlfriend doesnt want to use the dryer incase it breaks again. So were saving money!

that fault code is f 10 check filter for any blockage also blow down presure tube .after that check that module conection are pushed on and are not loose
I have this error, lights 1 & 3 flashing, can anyone please tell me how to find the filter, the pressure tube & the module connection?

Remove rear White cover , filter is the big black cup in front pcb in the corner , presure tube connected to sump runs to the top left hand side under the dispenser.

Hi, having worked through the very helpful error codes list I've concluded that I have a F09 fault (eprom/setup error) does anyone have any ideas how I can fix it!!

Many thanks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back