caller display problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old (ca 2000) binatone caller display, but lost the manual, and I can't get it to work. The manufacturer's website does not seem to list it, and google did not help either.
Who has an idea where to find the complete manual for these kind of things?

Alternatively, what should I get to replace it if I want something dead-simple that will list the last 10-20 callers, and nothing more than that? I want a reliable no-frills gizmo.

Sponsored Links
Do as they suggest, make a test call to it.
Check caller display is still enabled.
Change the batteries,

Any decent DECT phone will do this now days. Some costing only £20 or so.

Changed the batteries twice, and measured both sets; both were fine.

Made 5 test calls each time after changing some of the settings; no joy.

It is not a phone, it is a separate caller display unit.
My phone does not have a display, but I am very happy with the cordless range, sound quality, air time and all the rest, so don't want to waste a day or more trying out other models, I just want a separate caller display unit.

Sponsored Links
Misunderstanding here. I don't mind getting another stand alone caller display, just as long as I can keep my existing phone.

have you changed phone supplier? BT give CLI as standard, Post Office and some other phone companies make you pay extra for it.

I'm with f*$£**g virgin; must be one of the worst, most unreliable, dishonest and most incompetent companies in the country.
They never understand the question, and the only solution they offer is: take another day off, and we'll send an "engineer" around.
No way of knowing whether or not they have disabled it and now offer it as a payable extra.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back