Fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My security alarm keeps going off every hour. It's showing on the screen Fuse/Bat Fault Check!!! Does anybody know where the fuse is located on the system for me to replace it? As this is getting so annoying as i have to wake up out of my sleep to turn it off by punching in the security code.

Help!

Sue :evil:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

My security alarm keeps going off every hour. It's showing on the screen Fuse/Bat Fault Check!!! Does anybody know where the fuse is located on the system for me to replace it? As this is getting so annoying as i have to wake up out of my sleep to turn it off by punching in the security code.

Help!

Sue :evil:
Bet the problem is the battery that has never been checked / tested / replaced, nothing to do with a Fuse, common Fault Display.

Sponsored Links
it sounds like (looks like) its a Gardtech panel one of the 800 series?

fuse batt check,

could be the battery, if it has not been looked at in a few years!
or it could be the battery fuse, in the control panel (white box with either 4 or 2 screws holding the cover on.

DO NOT REMOVE COVER UNLESS YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING
if monitored, the engineer code
if it isn't, you should be ok, if the engineer didn't set it to tamper only engineer reset.

but disconnect the mains via the fuse spur, MCB on mains board!!!

do not open with the mains on!!!! as 240vac can and could kill you!!!!

the fuse is labelled at the right hand bottom corner of the PCB, its marked
AUX and it is a 20mm anti surge fuse with an amp rating of 1AMP,
do not over or underrate the fuse.

so.
remove mains to panel
open cover
silence the system
change the battery
change the fuse (if required
put the cover back on
reset the mains to the panel
reset the system

and all should be well

if not post again

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back