Toshiba 15VL56B No picture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've got a Toshiba 15VL56B 15 inch TV, 3 years old, I have freeview plugged into it, it's worked fine for ages but now I can only get sound and theres no picture? the pictures just black but the sound is still perfect, any ideas of the best thing to do?

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the Inverter is faulty. That's the circuit that provides a high voltage for the fluorescent tubes to light. There may be a small white surface mounted fuse gone open circuit on the PCB. I think this is a low voltage input model so it's unlikely to be due to swollen capacitors in the power supply.

I think if you took it to a repair shop they wouldn't bother.
The price of new LCD's is so low now.
JonB

Hi, evreyone

I have a Toshiba 15VL56B 15 inch lcd it was fine but now I can only get sound and theres no picture, the pictures just white but the sound is still perfect, someone told me the inveter, so i bought the inveter but i still have the same problem.

any help thank-you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back