Can Anyone Recommend An Alarm Please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm due soon to start a renovation project and since I won't be staying there overnight I'd like to invest in a decent alarm to look after my property and it's contents (particularly my tools).

Ideally a suitable alarm would have:
GSM Module to send texts/calls to my phone
Controllable via PC commands (the property will eventually feature home automation)
Contact and PIR sensors
Wired (property is getting rewired so makes sense to get it setup properly)

Budget is approx £500+ but I can be flexible if the system has good reviews.

I'm an electronics engineer so really don't want to have to pay someone to install it for me.

My searches so far have shown that alot of the alarms available now are wireless and most that have telephone features require an actual landline.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Sponsored Links
we would reccommend a Honeywell galaxy G2-44
and a GSM Module.

but remember if you are in experienced in fitting galaxy you might have a few problems.

there are other makes and models of kit out there but we use galaxy for everything we do,
its reliable, hard working and proven kit

Oasis

Thanks Oasis

The GSM module seems to cost more than the control panel! I'm guessing that's due to a lack of demand for it....?

yes and no, we only use the GSM mod when the site has no phone line!
or as a temp system for remote buildings.

it is a good bit of kit as well

if you don't want a hard wired system you can also connect up an RF portal, and put up to 16 devices on it.

I personally don't recommend putting 16 on on portal, but it is possible.

and yep, this is the only Radio based panel addition we will use, as it `talk` tot he devices and the devices `talk` to the panel.

it bloody good!
and quick to install.

all you have to hard wire is the mains to the panel and the remote keypad.

we now have a number of the units fitted and they work a treat

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back