gas boiler regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
l need to change my existing combi boiler. The wall it is on backs onto my neighbours garden. New regulations mean l can't place it there, but l have no other place to site it. Can i install a pipe which takes the plumes up to roof level?

Sponsored Links
The regulations aren't new.

The plume management kit you refer to is not designed to circumvent the issue you have. Technically you would still be discharging over someone else's property.

If it was public land, not much of an issue, if it is someone else's garden, they may agree but when they sell their house all sorts of problems can arise.

Best do it properly this time, look at running it internally/vertically or resite boiler.

most boilers now can have plume kits, your installer should be best suited to advise.

Why don't you get a Registered Gas Installer (or three) to come round to your property to carry out a survey and then provide you with a quote?

He or she will be better placed to advise you to where a replacement boiler can or can't go and come up with suitable solutions for the flue termination that comply with regs.

Sponsored Links
Can't flue onto a neighbours property fella. Will void your warranty for a start as the flue cannot be maintained without your neighbours consent.

Thank you all for replying. Simond you suggest i install internally or vertical - not sure what you mean. Have no loft. Neighbour has no problems with current plumes. No where to instal internally. Do they still instal old combination boilers, not the condensing ones.

You cannot discharge any boiler over land not in your ownership!

Its just the visible pluming has accentuated the issue!

Why do you think that it cannot be relocated or flued through the property to an external wall leading over your garden or yard?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back