how is a remote keypad connected to a zone panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know tis is a stupid question to you guys, but how is a remote keypad powered, is via mains, or a battery, and how is the keypad connected to the zone panel. I'm just wondering which alarm to buy, a one with the keypad on the zone panel or a remote keypad type. any help would be most greatful.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The remote keypad is powered from the main panel , usually 4 or 6 cores required 12v 0v , data pair and tamper.

Yep, some require tamper hard wired and others such as the Veritas R8 only require the said 4.

Unless its off the arc, most keypads need 4 cores.
The tamper is included in the data lines.

Some keypads will allow zones or speakers off them to save you running extra cables from the main panel to the door/exit/entry area.

That will still need a 4 core to the panel from the keypad then a 4 core to the door contact and if wanted another 4 core to the internal speaker.
The latter two coming from the keypad.

Hey lads if your going to assist, at least give the right info.

Sponsored Links
Hey lads if your going to assist, at least give the right info

I don't normally respond to this type of post , but the query has been answered..if its a Tex then 4 core , G4 then 6 core no need for your sniping there Mr Alarm. :) don't just respond for the sake of having a go..the right info has been given.

If you read closer than the end of yournose the additional info I gave is correct.
Like using the RKP for entry/exit and LS thus negating the need for extra cables back to the panel.

So sorry your hackles cannot stand a slight rebuff.

I`ll stand with what I said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back