B&Q trade Card - WARNING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
warning to you all.
if you use the B&poo /screwfix trade uk card in B&poo
be aware that if you buy straight off the shop floor you get NO DISCOUNT you now have to use the F.kin catologue or you get get ripped!
B&Q have scored a massive own goal on this as many traders round here are now boycotting them in protest!!

Sponsored Links
I tried going in to pick up some MK Sentry breakers from their catalogue, took the money off me without telling me they didn't have any of em in stock, could take up to a week to get them, (local wholesalers don't stock them either), customer specified sentry board, I demanded, rather loudly, that I wanted a full instant refund, they said it could be up to 5 days for them to turn up, stressed that I could get em off the net quicker.
Got my refund after a bit of an argument, borrowed some scissors and cut the card up and gave it back to em in front of a load of customers, complete sham!!

warning to you all.
if you use the B&poo /screwfix trade uk card in B&poo
be aware that if you buy straight off the shop floor you get NO DISCOUNT you now have to use the F.kin catologue or you get get ripped!
B&Q have scored a massive own goal on this as many traders round here are now boycotting them in protest!!
I used my Tradecard at B&Q yesterday on the shop floor at one of those horrid self-serve machines, I called the shop assistant over and she did something and I got trade discount and the usual trade receipt not a b&Q one.

forthright
bet you didn't get trade price on every item! you might think you did. i got caught out once and once only!

Sponsored Links
Not everything on the shop floor at B&Q is actually in the trade catalogue. I think you only get the trade discount on items that are both on the shop floor and in the catalogue. Anyway's, no harm in asking when you go in, if your going to get trade discount on certain items. ;) ;)

Not everything on the shop floor at B&Q is actually in the trade catalogue. I think you only get the trade discount on items that are both on the shop floor and in the catalogue. Anyway's, no harm in asking when you go in, if your going to get trade discount on certain items. ;) ;)

exactly why this new card system is carp!! only 25% of the range is in the catologue!! so instead of 10% off everything that we used to get, we now get 10% of 25% of the items in the book, the rest, nought!!

will have to send a pensioner in on a wednesday for 1/2 the things i use!!

Thanks for the warning. Got a pair of these from screwfix and was going to issue one to my assistant. Not much point now.

It's only the stuff in the catalogue that's cheaper. If it's in the ctalogue and in the store you'll get the discount. If it's only in the store there's no discount.

Most of the paint isn't in the catalogue, so there's no discount, but that's no different to the Trade Discount card scheme they used before Tradepoint.

Also shop floor promotions won't always go through if you use you Tradepoint card. They had a 3 for 2 on paint brushes the other week and I had to pay as a normal punter to get the offer.

And the stuff that is cheaper in the catalogue isn't always great quality. Door catches for instances are cheaper but are so bad that I buy the ones from the shop.

It's not a great system, and the stock levels are truely attrocious.

Another development on this - had a letter from Screwfix with their invoice today (we have a trade account) and it seems to read that we'll need to use this trade uk card with normal screwfix orders soon too. (Can't give details atm as it's at work)

Always suspicious of such changes, especially when administered by a seeming third party, makes me nervous of the continued good service I've had for 'kin years by screwfix. Have they been bought out?

Another development on this - had a letter from Screwfix with their invoice today (we have a trade account) and it seems to read that we'll need to use this trade uk card with normal screwfix orders soon too. (Can't give details atm as it's at work)

Always suspicious of such changes, especially when administered by a seeming third party, makes me nervous of the continued good service I've had for 'kin years by screwfix. Have they been bought out?

you can use your account card at b and q and also screwfix.. so what is the problem...

you can use your account card at b and q and also screwfix.. so what is the problem...

I think there's a little confusion here, some of it on my part!

I'm talking about the trade account - we buy and pay once a month. The letter that came seemed to suggest this would not be possible any longer and each purchase would need the card, but it could be my interpretation, although the letter is not straightforward.

I intend to carry on as usual ordering through their website, my concern is that is changing and I don't like change when something works well.

Sponsored Links
Back