acl lifestyle 679h340-30l0 mid position valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy Doody

Sister has an ideal classic boiler with acl lifestyle controls (room stat, digi programmer and the above mentioned valve.

Called round to no radiator heat and found hot water works fine and so does the heating when hot water is called for. Turn off demand for hot water and boiler shuts down even though heat is being demanded.

After a bit of circuit testing and some reading its looking like this valve lifestyle 679h340-30l0.

I moved the manual lever and when turning on boiler heat side fired up.
Shut it down while i relaced programmer cover etc and when back together heat doesnt work anymore.

Had another play with valve manual operating lever and i accidently pushed it in which i believe is supposed to happen to lock it in position.
Instructions state this will release when power is applied to valve but ii doesnt when boiler is fired up. IKts locked in position.

I would like to prove its this valve before i buy a new one (pretty sure after reading a bit it is).
Is there a way i can re-set it so i can move it about again.

Ok with electrics and stripping stuff down.

Currently heating works as long as there is demand for hot water.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If the motor has jammed or failed as seems most likely then no!

In theory the motor can be changed but its a bit tricky on that type.

If its the later type held on with a press button then just the head can be changed.

Tony

Motor in acl just as easy to change as any other valve just has an additional metal shroud

Sorry forgot to ask....
Ive read you can replace the motor if its that but nothing else ie new valve.

Once motor is off i take it open circuit on multimeter means goosed motor??

thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replys

Fitted replacement vlave and everything ok on that fron now.

However i noticed that the hot water is shutting off before its properly hot.

Ive examined the tank thermo and it doesnt appear to do anything. IE it was set to 50 degrees turned it up and nothing happened.

I was expecting a nice mettalic click as the thermo switch was thrown over but nothing happened. Turning up or down doesnt affect anything.

On opening its wired with 3 core flex blue,brown earth. Im assuming that the colours are irrelevant apart from the earth as the thermo is just an switch for live wire. Is this right.

Using continuity test should i get continuity on and off when turning the dial and between the terminals that are wired up in brown and blue???

Cheers Fellas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back