Inside Bell box????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, having trouble with the tamper on my bell box. The five wires are connected in correctly and the jumpers are in the factory set position but there is a black small box which moves to the side it is about an inch long by half inch wide and seems to be connected to a couple of wires going into an inclosed bit. In its normal state it is slightly off centre and the alarm rings as soon as i put the battery into the control panel. I have then wedged it closed and the alarm stops ringing but i have the feeling that the alarm will not ring at all now.....doing all walk through tests now but what is this it seems like a tamper switch but do i need to wedge it closed and what impact is this having?

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing, but, will not fitting the sounder lid stop it sounding, just the same as you wedging it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back