my optima xl6 house alarm wont come out of tamper mode.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all im new to this site but could really do with some advice so here i go,

i recentley moved into a new house and while decorating the misses cut the 6 core alarm cable for all 3 pir sensors and for the bell box outside. the alarm went of but when we keyed in the code the alarm stopped and went in to tamper mode.
so a week later i went and bought new cable run it into the appropriate places and rewired to how the instalation guide says and to how it was wired up before as this was pritty obvious to work out.
so here's the problem?
1.when i turned the alarm on its still in tamper.
2.all the pir sensors pick up movement still and flash red
3.exterior bell box still flashes and sounds now as normall when power is cut and then put back on
4.but i always thought that when the power went the alarm should stay on. does this mean i need a new battery.
would a hard reset work? to get it back to factory settings

Sponsored Links
sounds tho you have popped a fuse in the main panel.

before opening the main control box

ISOLATE THE MAINS

check the AUX fuse and change it for the same one, this will be either a 1.0 amp or a 1.6 amp (depending on your panel)

change this fuse, and re test
also ensure that you have replaced the broken cable as per the instructions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back