Replacing TS700 keypad - what with?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a house with a 7 zone wired alarm system. The TS700 is on its last legs - when typing in the code, the number buttons are very hit and miss (either work twice or not at all). Was hoping to just replace the keypad. Does this make sense? If so what would you recommend? One company I spoke to said Scan 9651

Any feedback and ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
They meant replace the whole panel and keypad.
9651 is a Cooper Security panel, who also own Menvier (TS Range).
The keypad is no longer made.

Found this on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MENVIER-TS-70...5278?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item2c5a0d0b1e

Not sure of the reserve but worth the £15.00 if you really want to keep the system. Solid panel BTW mainstay of many companies. Loved em myself.

Can you not change the code to another with working buttons?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks Alarm. I am a bit dim - but what is the panel compared to the keypad?

Good idea about changing the code - I will try some of the other buttons in case they are not as worn. Especially if you think the unit itself was a good one.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The keypad just gives commands and displays.
Somewhere is a Grey box that is the control panel.
Probably near your fusebox or under the stairs.

And yes many a TS ( range) still out there giving sterling service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back