Servitas R8 Alarm Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a house back in April which has a Servitas R8 alarm fitted. We have never used the alarm, but in the last few weeks, the alarm has been going off at any hour. We do not know the reason for this so I started reading through the instructions and tried actually setting the alarm. I have managed to change the code on it, but it won't let me set it as the tamper light is on.

From reading the instructions, I have managed to set it by getting rid of the tamper light. What is a tamper? I have a panic button next to the alarm that appears to do nothing. Would this be the cause of the tamper light? Would fitting a new panic button hopefully help, or is there a way I can join 2 wires together to by-pass the panic button?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Any help will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
can you photograth the unit and post it up here?

i dont recognise the make

then we might be able to diagnose what to do with it,

tamper is what it is, there has been a tamper with the unit, devices, to may key presses etc etc etc etc.

Oasis

Veritas R8 maybe?
Sounds like it needs a new battery.

Have you pressed the HUD ( Panic Button) and seen or heard what happens.

A tamper is just that, it thinks someone has attacked it.
What zone is showing at the same time?
Had new carpets fitted, always a good one...........the bastids slice thru cables when trimming.

Lastly is the panic button showing a "RED FLAG" in its window?
Get the key and reset it to green.

Otherwise I need more info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back