Baxi Platinum installers near Chester

thanks for all the comments guys, I have been speaking to a number of people and trades people round here and managed to find a decent local company:

http://www.brplumbingandheating.co.uk/

It'll be interesting to see how they compare with British Gas but the main thing I am looking for is to ensure that the Baxi boiler is fitted correctly and I have registered for service etc as part of the 5 year warranty.

p.s. Does anyone know what the regulations are for the location of the flue in a sloping roof - I am looking to get mine installed near the top of the roof (its at least 2-3 meters away from any opening / vents etc)

Sponsored Links
If its a lean to roof then a vertical flue usually has to have a clearance of 600 mm from the house wall !

You should check the manufacturers as they may have different ideas.

That firm seems a little unsure of its identity as the domain is called chesterheating. They say they have 12 years heating experience but their CORGi number is a lot more recent that that. He probably means he worked for someone for the first seven. Rather than call an 0845 number it may be cheaper to call their landline 01244 382688. However they seem quite genuine but I dont know why they dont put their real name and address on the web site. It makes me think they want to hide something!

Tony

Agile said:
However they seem quite genuine but I dont know why they dont put their real name and address on the web site. It makes me think they want to hide something!....

The main site does have his name :

Ben Robinson
Director

hence "BR" Heating

Sorry, you are quite right!

He might as well also put his address to make potential customers feel even more secure. Its on the CORGI listing anyway. I dont think you will have any problems though.

So many of these plumber's web sites have a business name and a mobile number. No name or address! Hardly instils any confidence!

Tony

Sponsored Links
If its a lean to roof then a vertical flue usually has to have a clearance of 600 mm from the house wall !

You should check the manufacturers as they may have different ideas.

That firm seems a little unsure of its identity as the domain is called chesterheating. They say they have 12 years heating experience but their CORGi number is a lot more recent that that. He probably means he worked for someone for the first seven. Rather than call an 0845 number it may be cheaper to call their landline 01244 382688. However they seem quite genuine but I dont know why they dont put their real name and address on the web site. It makes me think they want to hide something!

Tony

It has been many, many years since this has been posted however we only found this today and after being thrilled that one of our happy customers had taken time out of his busy schedual to leave this comment, we were totally shocked that someone felt the need to jump on with these comments -

I suppose that is what comes with 'Forums'!

Tony, let me assure you we have nothing to hide at all - We are a long standing and reputable business built on the recomendations of our customers. Yes, we did 'only work for someone else' in your words for sometime -

Actually, this is how we gained the valuable experience required to ensure we provide our clients with such an excellent service - we then set up our own business which still, all these years later is going strong! -

had the comment read ' established for 12 years...' and it was clear we had not been I could see your point but it doesnt - it is a very honest comment and we make no apologies for being genuine time-served engineers with so many years under our belts, after all our customers are entrusting us with their lives and most people would not want a novice!

The contact details you have kindly pulled us up on have now all changed - the 0845 number was an 'in transit' number whilst we moved and didnt cost anyone anymore than a local call. As a professional business we needed to ensure our clients could always get in touch when we moved premisies.

To follow on to your next point - we use Chesterheating.com as our domain name because it works - quite simply, it is a great marketing tool - if you type in brplumbing/ brboiler services... you will also find us.

Perhaps Tony, you are someone local to us who has a vested interest in making these very public negative comments about us?

I do hope that this thread is now brought back to life and that some good comes out of the very kind comments Mr Carline made about us all that time ago -

I sincerely hope, knowing how many years my husband and I have worked day and night, 24/7 to build our business that Tony's comments are not taken seriously by any future customers - I am pleased to say, given how long this has been here, I am pretty sure not too many people have taken this seriously so far!

If anyone would like to see anymore testimonials about BR Plumbing & Heating Services Chester, from Mark Carline, or any other clients, please visit our websit http://www.chesterheating.com - we would be delighted to have the opportunity to work with you.

Kind Regards

Katy Robinson
BR Plumbing & Heating
01244 351964
[email protected]

Agile normally bottles it, When it comes to replying to his failings.
So dont expect a reply

Agile normally bottles it, When it comes to replying to his failings.
So dont expect a reply

I am sure you are right, thank you for taking the time to comment - all the same we decided to contact him directly about it - this is very serious underhand activity and people need to be made aware thats its going on.

Email sent to Tony Glazier:

Ref: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1874413

Dear Mr Glazier,

I was appalled and disappointed last night to find, on the thread above, your unfounded and speculative comments about my business BR Plumbing & Heating, Chester.

One of our customers very kindly used this forum to post some feedback about us yet you turned that into an assassination of our business, pulling apart our website and calling our integrity into question.

Upon further research and having found that you are also a Heating Engineer yourself I have to say we feel extremely let down that someone, probably in a similar situation as we are: trying to make an honest living in very hard times, feels it is acceptable to behave in this manor.

As an industry that already has a reputation of being 'rouge' to contend with, we should be encouraging our customers to leave us positive online feedback to help grow our businesses organically online but this sort of behaviour could ruin this opportunity for everyone.

I am pleased to say you are the first engineer we have ever come across who felt it acceptable to publicly downgrade a fellow business for no reason at all however, what makes your actions even worse is that you can not possibly gain anything from this - you have no reason at all to go online and make derogatory and unfounded comments about us.

Your actions have prompted me to look at what action I can take to raise awareness of your despicable and unprofessional behaviour as I am sure we are not the first business you have done this to and unless someone takes action I am sure we will not be the last.

I feel very sad for you that the means you use to promote yourself and your business succeeds partly on slandering other businesses - perhaps this activity is to make up for your own failings but at the same time should not be excused and it a very unprofessional activity.

I genuinely think you should be ashamed.

I would be interested if you have any feedback or a response for us, or even an apology?

Regards

Katy Robinson
BR Plumbing & Heating Services, Chester
www.chesterheating.com

Katy I think anyone who does a search for your company name on this forum will now be installed with confidence after reading your statement (especially if they want a baxi fitted :D )

Tonys done 30000 odd posts, most of them very helpful to the people who use the forum.
The person who now i assume turned out to be your customer was looking for advice which Tony had been doing throughout the post and only said possible concerns with the way your website appeared and the content it contained ( i know we are heating engineers not website designers) But i dont think hes been on a mission to damage your reputation and hope 3.5years after the post it doesnt have any influence on your customers/business.

Im also glad you got the job instead of BG and hope Tony will delete the content of the post as youve now highlighted the problem (obviously i wouldnt like a search on my business to come up with negative comments either) and also that you'll use the forum in the future as it does help a lot people from DIY'ers to people in the trade.

Ray

Katy I think anyone who does a search for your company name on this forum will now be installed with confidence after reading your statement (especially if they want a baxi fitted :D )

Tonys done 30000 odd posts, most of them very helpful to the people who use the forum.
The person who now i assume turned out to be your customer was looking for advice which Tony had been doing throughout the post and only said possible concerns with the way your website appeared and the content it contained ( i know we are heating engineers not website designers) But i dont think hes been on a mission to damage your reputation and hope 3.5years after the post it doesnt have any influence on your customers/business.

Im also glad you got the job instead of BG and hope Tony will delete the content of the post as youve now highlighted the problem (obviously i wouldnt like a search on my business to come up with negative comments either) and also that you'll use the forum in the future as it does help a lot people from DIY'ers to people in the trade.

Ray

Thank you Ray for taking the time to comment - my only wish is that Tony might respond to me directly via the emails I have sent him - I find it frustrating that he made these comments yet is ignoring us when we ask about he - he will not reply to my emails or posts -

What Tony did confirms my worries about forums - we should be working together to raise consumer confidence is small businesses over BG and he should have been pleased for us to have gotten this feedback - we should be encouraging our customers to do this - I am unsure what would possess him from the comment our customer made to go into the level of research on our business that he did (even our corgi no v's time in business).

All the same, it is not my intention to continue pursuing him for feedback -I am sure if he felt he wanted to contact me he would, he has my personal email and phone number now- as you say he is clearly well respected on here its just a great shame he felt the need to do this.

Thank you Ray.

Agile is only well respected by some to others he is regarded as the village idiot he comes on this site and others and spouts complete nonsense and plagiarizes others coments and knowledge.
He is not a time served plumber/gasman or heating engineer but a retrained Ariel repairman.
He has a holier than thou attitude to diyers and qualified people a like and constantly refers to their qualifications re gassafe .
But was himself taken off the gas safe register the other year for what i say was not being propely ACS registered in regards to what gas safe req.
Like yourself i got no response from him when i asked him to post proof that he had the proper qualifications even after numerous pages of discussion on the public and private sections of this site.
Perhaps it was because he knows
i have friends in gassafe who have access to everyones qualifications and dates passed etc etc he never responded
So dont be too worried about this Charlatan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back