Veritas alarm wont work since power went off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with my Veritas alarm. I had my electric meter changed this week and the power had to be switched off. This set off my alarm, even when the power went back on, it didn't stop the alarm from ringing, this went on for maybe 40 minutes, then it stopped for a couple of minutes. It started ringing again for maybe 30 minutes, then stopped. I tried to put my code in, to reset it, but the control panel had no light on it. I thought maybe the battery had drained with all the ringing and would need 24 hours to recharge, but 48 hours later and no change. The control panel has no lights on the reset/tamper buttons, but there is a light behind the numbered buttons. When i press in my code, you can hear a slight beep. I've had this alarm about 4 years and it worked fine until this. Please advise. All advise gratefully accepted. Thanks. :cry:

Sponsored Links
~buy new 7ah battery
Remove the mains from the panel.
Swap out battery.
Close lid
Put power back.
Enter code press reset.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back