Beko Dishwasher probs (DW5410w)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dishwasher seems to be stuck mid cycle and keeps trying to empty water. Tried turning it off from the mains to see if this might reset it but no luck. Now wondering if there is a blockage somewhere which is why it keeps trying to empty itself.

Will have another go tonight so any ideas or suggestions welcomed

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a leak & the anti-flood protection device has kicked in (that's why the cycle has stopped & you hear the pump running). Try tipping it forward (or backward) & see if water runs out. Put a couple of old towels down first. Once the water is out you ought to be able to run a cycle, at least until it activates the anti-flood again......Then its time to go leak hunting!

I hadnt thought of it being a leak. I will try emptying it fully and see if that works. I am guessing you mean that the leak would be internal in the machine as we havent had any floods in the kitchen. Will take another look tonight. Thanks for the input as cant afford another machine right now

If you have an internal leak, say from the circulation motor seals (which is a common place to get one) water collects on the base plate. Normally you don't see anything on the floor around the machine. The anti-flood device is not much more than a piece of polystyrene with a micro-switch stuck on the top. When water leaks into the base plate the polystyrene gets lifted up & activates the micro-switch. Which in turn shuts down the cycle, closes the inlet valve, & starts the pump. The machine will stay in this state until the water is removed from the base plate (by leaning it over). Once the water is off the base plate the DW should start as normal, but the leak still needs to be tracked down.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but this is the closest thread I could find to my search.

It appears that our "main motor" has gone, either that or a seal perhaps? The unit is just over 2yrs old and has recently started not appearing to get the water hot enough and the wash results were getting poor. Then quite suddenly it would just stop mid-cycle and run the drain pump constantly.

We have had someone round to have a look at it and they immediately said "main motor gone, might as well get a new unit, too expensive to replace". When tipped over there was some water evident in the base of the unit.

Is it an expensive/difficult job to replace the main motor and is it possible that there is just a seal that has gone?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Hello
I also have a similar problem, the dishwasher is stuck on pumping out, tipped in water to see if it would pump it out and it does, (about 5 litres) leaves a tiny amount in the bottom (less then 3mm deep) which I think is just due to flow,

So I had a look flood switch seems ok, not fired clicks in and out and no sign really of water and tray was a bit damp but nothing major and the inside of the machine seems dry,

Out of desperation I have checked the pump but that is fine no blockages,

Any ideas? I have tipped it forward and backward, water comes out and it seems to fill briefly and then stop and pumps out, does this seem like a leak, how mu/h does it take to trip the switch as I would of thought a fairly substanstional leak and that I would at least find some water residue but their seems to be very little? (obviously its hard to tell that it doesn't pour away but the inside seems dry.

It is as if the flood switch is always on or its stuck on pumping away.

If you have expertise or know of anything I have missed please let me know I hate not being able to fix stuff drives me insane :)

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back